February 6 & 8, 2024
Start Time: 7 pm – 9 pm CST both nights
Instructor: Keith Perkins
An online class presented by Keith Perkins
This program will present a solid foundation of how vehicle security components work and how to effectively approach diagnosis for keys & immobilizer systems. This presentation is a collection of necessary information condensed into one class for busy technicians & shops.
- Terminology & Components
- Immobilizer System Diagnostics by OEM
- Diagnosing & Programming Keys
- Tooling advice
- Asian and Domestic vehicles
The fundamentals of diagnosing keys and immobilizer systems remain consistent across manufacturers, and this class delves into common failures technicians need to diagnose. We will also spotlight the nuances from one OEM to another, ensuring technicians are aware of the specific anomalies when dealing with these systems.
Included with registration:
- Shop access is included, which means all shop technicians can watch at their own locations
- Unlimited video access after the event concludes through your Automotive Seminars account
- Question & answer session during live broadcasts
- PDF class manual including certificate of completion
How it will work:
- Leading up to the class, you will receive an email with the link to join the live broadcast on the email you used upon purchase. These will be sent 24 hours in advance & 1 hour in advance of the live broadcast. For two night classes, the link to join the Thursday night broadcast will be sent Wednesday at 7 PM CST & then an hour before the class begins on Thursday.
- PDF Manual will be supplied in the emails noted above & at the start of the class.
- After the broadcast ends your digital copy along with the PDF manual will be found in your Automotive Seminars account under “My Video Library”.