eVCT Operation & Diagnostics
an online class presented by John Thornton
October 15 & 17, 2024
Start Time: 7 pm – 9 pm CST both nights
Instructor: John Thornton
eVCT delivers precise and fast intake cam phasing to reduce emissions, and you will see this system on the intake side of many late model engines. New components can include additional cam sensors, control modules and a 3-phase motor assembly. This class will include:
- Identifying new components & scan data
- Discussion about the components: how they work, and how they are controlled
- Is the cam in the correct position & can the cam phase the correct amount?
- Relearn procedures and how to know if you need to relearn
- See what scan data is helpful in checking the eVCT system for proper operation
- Diagnostic Case Study Examples will be covered
Included with registration:
- Shop access is included, which means all shop technicians can watch at their own locations
- Unlimited video access after the event concludes through your Automotive Seminars account
- Question & answer session during live broadcasts
- PDF class manual including certificate of completion
How it will work:
- Leading up to the class, you will receive an email with the link to join the live broadcast on the email you used upon purchase. These will be sent 24 hours in advance & 1 hour in advance of the live broadcast. For two night classes, the link to join the Thursday night broadcast will be sent Wednesday at 7 PM CST & then an hour before the class begins on Thursday.
- PDF Manual will be supplied in the emails noted above & at the start of the class.
- After the broadcast ends your digital copy along with the PDF manual will be found in your Automotive Seminars account under “My Video Library”.